We want to allow all seniors to age in the comfort of their home by providing the personalized homecare they deserve.
Skilled, Caring and Experimented Caregivers
Amika Caregivers are experimented personal care workers, nursing care student and nursing assistants.
They are currently or have worked in senior residences, long-term care centers, hospitals and homecare for the private and public sectors.
They all have one thing in common: they want to make a positive impact in their clients' daily lives. Their goal for each visit: put a smile at each person they have helped.
Caregivers you can trust
We thoroughly screen and interview every care worker who want to join the Amika team.
The selection process is as follow:
- We do a background check
- We verify if they received the proper professional training and certifications
- We validate past references in seniors' care with their former and/ or current employers: they must have had a flawless attitude
- We conduct 2 interviews to make sure the candidate's values fit with those promoted by Amika: empathy, generosity, kindness
Only those succeeding all these steps can become a Amika Caregiver. Thus, we retain less than 5% of the initial candidates: only the most qualified, motivated and experimented.
All Amika team members are essential to our success. Here are a few:
- Alexandre Blais
- Co-founder and General Manager
- Grew up with his grandmother afflicted with Alzheimer's. Volunteer at Tel-Aînés. Former Management Consultant.
- Gabriel Joubert-Séguin
- Co-founder and Finance Manager
- Professional economist. Volunteered for seniors with mental disabilities. Former CPR trainer.
- Julie Clouâtre
- Operations Director
- Seasoned Operations & Logisitics Manager with 15+ years of experience in the transportation and logistics industry. Worked as an elderly companion during her studies.
- Stéphane Drouin
- Chief Technology Officer
- Passionate about developing technologies for the health industry. Nature lover.